Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Final Cut Pro v. 6.0.6 and MAc OS High Sierra

  • Raul Alvarez

    December 23, 2020 at 11:58 am

    ​My apologies for my delayed response to you both Shane and Dennis.

    I appreciate very much your advice and information.

    Shane, at the time of writing I had already ordered an old iMac from a very good technician in Milan who not only got me a very inexpensive one in excellent shape, but he also cleaned it up and installed the right OS and software. He’s very thorough to avoid viruses and issues.

    In any case, I really appreciate and would like to take on your offer to convert the project to Adobe to take it further. I will contact you directly as you offered.

    Dennis thank you so much too for your information. I already opened the project on FCP 7 and is looking fine so far.

    Best wishes to you both for the season and next year.​

  • Christopher Delaine

    August 25, 2021 at 3:56 pm

    I get that’s your short answer but what’s your long answer for this?

  • Ricky Barnes

    May 11, 2022 at 1:41 am

    I’m in a similar boat. ‘Have a MacBook Pro (2011), High Sierra. ‘Won’t do FCP 6.06 (which I use on my iMac) and won’t use DaVinci Resolve (I sent DaVinci a system profile and they said “no go”). So now I’ve got my nice little (old) MacBook Pro with no editing capabilities. 🙁 .

    ‘2 editing projects in the pipeline… so maybe I’ll do something after those are finished. Anyhoo – my FCP 6.06 still works like a champ, as does it’s host iMac. Anyhow , thanks for the thread good folks!

    Truly, Rick

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy