-
Final Cut Pro seq/capture/workflow settings shooting with DVX100B 24a
Man, so I’ve gone through these forums (which are incredibly helpful btw) and haven’t found exactly the info for me.
So, I’m shooting with a Panasonic DVX100B at 24advanced and I’m just confused on what my “desired” settings should be in Final Cut Pro. I’ve read about capture settings and 3:2 pulldowns. I went to film school, but I always get a little confused with all the settings I need to have the footage look the best it can be. Basically, I just want to shoot something in 24a and output to a .mov for DVD usage (demo reels and stuff).
I’m at work and can’t recall my settings offhand, but I do end up with that funky interlacing issue. So, can anyone help me with my capture settings, timeline settings and output settings (for quicktime movs)? I understand why settings need to be the way they are, just not how to line everything up well enough. I read somewhere that I should capture and edit at 29.97 anyway, but again, I’m running into problems. Halp please!