-
Final Cut 4.5 – capturing PAL/NTSC?
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with the following;
I have got a G5 with Final Cut Pro 4.5 HD. I recently tried to capture HD footage from a Sony HVR-Z1P HD camera, but final cut simply would not recognise the camera. I had shot the footage on 50i (PAL), but when I looked at the list of settings on Final Cut it only had the option of capturing 60i (NTSC). Somebody told me that Final cut 4.5 was not able to capture PAL HD, is this true? If so, should I buy Final Cut 5 or will it pose the same problem? Also is Final Cut Express HD compatible with PAL HD?
(I know it was not a problem with the camera as iMovie HD imported all the footage when I set it to PAL.)I live in Australia that is why I am shooting PAL. But is it really necessary to, would shooting NTSC suffice?
Thanks
Jeff