Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › FCP capture settings for DVX100 camera

  • FCP capture settings for DVX100 camera

    Posted by Pat Byrne on October 18, 2008 at 11:19 pm

    Hello Everyone, Anyone.
    First time posting on this forum. If anyone can help it would be a Godsend.
    I’m attempting to download footage into FCP 6 system from the DVX100 camera. I was given specific capture settings for the camera and when I first tried capturing everything seemed fine until I hit capture now. The capture screen disappeared and even though the timecode was running as if it were capturing footage I couldn’t find any of the footage in my files. When I tried changing the settings nothing worked. When I went back to the original settings I had no communication with the camera (VTR was not ok). Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong? And also, can anyone give me the exact capture settings I’m suppose to have in order to not run into this problem everytime I have footage from this camera? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

    Pat

    Steve Eisen replied 17 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Steve Eisen

    October 19, 2008 at 2:32 pm

    Connect your camera via firewire. Use DV-NTSC setting.

    If you need more help, read the FCP manual on capturing footage.

    Steve Eisen
    Eisen Video Productions
    Board of Directors
    Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

  • Steve Eisen

    October 19, 2008 at 2:35 pm

    Use capture clip not capture now.

    Steve Eisen
    Eisen Video Productions
    Board of Directors
    Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy