Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › FCP 5.1 and Adobe conflict. FCP won’t run with Photoshop CS2 on system?

  • FCP 5.1 and Adobe conflict. FCP won’t run with Photoshop CS2 on system?

    Posted by Gunforhire on August 30, 2006 at 8:36 am

    Hi-
    I’ve just upgraded to a 15″ MacBook Pro, after many trusty years running FCP on a G4 Powerbook.
    My new Intel chipped MacBook Pro now sits largely unused as it seems to have massive software conflicts. I’ve spent days trying to get FCP 5 to run on it, finally giving up on Rosetta and going native with 5.1 Binary and the 5.1.1 update.
    The main problem I have is that if I try and install any of my ‘essential’ programs: Photoshop CS2, Illustrator CS2, Flash 8 and Dreamweaver 8, then FCP will no longer run.
    I’ve rebuilt the Mac a few times to test this.
    If I install FCP 5.1 everything is fine. As soon as I try and install Creative Suite or Macromedia Studio, FCP wil refuse to start up!

    Has anyone else encountered this?
    Have you found a solution – other than wait a further 6 months for software to catch up!

    Many thanks

    Tom Wolsky replied 20 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tom Wolsky

    August 30, 2006 at 5:38 pm

    No. I was running CS2 and FCP5.1 on a MacBookPro all last week without problems. I can’t speak to the Macromedia software, but I have seen no problem with the Adobe products (though I guess it’s all Adobe now).

    All the best,

    Tom

    Author: “Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials” and “Final Cut Express 2 Editing Workshop” Class on Demand “Complete Training for FCP5” and “Final Cut Express Made Easy” DVDs

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy