Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › FCP 5.04 garbled frames in capture

  • FCP 5.04 garbled frames in capture

    Posted by Duckgrossberg on April 22, 2006 at 7:24 am

    I am using a dual G5 2.5 with 3G Ram and FCP 5.04 regardless of the format, DV tape via deck, camera or using HVX200 P2 cards and importing them into FCP I get bizzare random garbage in a frame or two here or there, I can recapture the same clip several times and the garbage is never in the same place, sometimes it is no existant, it is really frustrating. If anyone has any ideas of what this is please share your knowledge with me. It happens regardless of video and timecode format.

    here is an example of what I am talking about.

    https://elgatovolando.com/duck.jpg

    reagrds,
    Duck

    Duckgrossberg replied 20 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Jerry Hofmann

    April 22, 2006 at 1:55 pm

    When you upgraded to Tiger, did you perform a totally clean install of this new OS and Apps? If not I’ll bet dollars to doughnuts that this would fix this.

    However try trashing the prefs for FCP, and if that fails reinstall QuickTime. I’ve seen this behavior and it has to do with compression artifact that happens when QT can’t keep up I’m guessing.

    Jerry

  • Duckgrossberg

    April 23, 2006 at 5:00 am

    I had installed FCP after Tiger……I took your advice and redownloaded quicktime, ran the installer and restarted. I captured 5 clips and had absolutley no garbage. Thank you very much!! I never would have thought to reinstall quicktime.

    Regards,
    Duck

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy