Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe After Effects Expressions Expressions: Move two text lines

• Expressions: Move two text lines

• Miki Colomer

February 28, 2020 at 8:02 pm

Hi!

I’m fairly new to expressions and I’m not exactly sure how to proceed with this.

I want to create a lower third template with essential graphics.

I have two lines, and I want to move the position of the second line according the amount of text of the first line.

You can view and example for understanding better.

https://youtu.be/X63n2N3cFlc

Any help is much appreciated ☺ and sorry for my English 🙁

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• Mikael Holmström

March 16, 2020 at 9:28 am

On the second text layer (the one to the right), add the code below to the position property. Make sure not to mess with the scale property of the first text layer (the one to the left).
    //Mikael

value+[thisComp.layer("Text layer 1").sourceRectAtTime(time).width, 0];

• Miki Colomer

March 18, 2020 at 10:37 am

Woowwww THANK YOU!! But….

Look what happen:

https://youtu.be/UA6IHZP0G3c

the second text line don’t move exactly in the same speed that the first text line.

Can you help me?

Some contents or functionalities here are not available due to your cookie preferences!

This happens because the functionality/content marked as “Google Youtube” uses cookies that you choosed to keep disabled. In order to view this content or use this functionality, please enable cookies: click here to open your cookie preferences.

• Miki Colomer

October 31, 2020 at 5:55 pm

Can anyone help me? Pensive

• Dan Ebberts

October 31, 2020 at 7:58 pm

Has the left-most text layer been scaled?

• ayat fatima

November 1, 2020 at 2:42 pm

I’m also new in animations. I’ve to do my fyp in this field. can you please guide me that in which tool you are doing this and its code?

Viewing 1 - 6 of 6 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy