Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Avid Media Composer › ‘Exception’ Media Composer 5 won’t open!

  • ‘Exception’ Media Composer 5 won’t open!

    Posted by Ed Augustin on November 15, 2013 at 1:23 am

    Hi there,

    I’m new to Avid on mac so appologise if this is a really basic question. I’ve been editing all week for the first time on Avid. I’m using Media Composer 5. It was all going fine. However today I turned on my mac, opened avid and once the program loads up I get a window that pops up telling me ‘Exception: CheckMacFileName: call to CFStringGetCString failed’. There is only one option to click ‘OK’, so I click that, but a new window, exactly the same, pops up. And that goes on and on. I’ve had a look online for this problem but found nothing. Can anyone suggest how to get past this – I really want to get back to editing!!

    Many thanks in advance,

    Ed

    Michael Phillips replied 12 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Michael Phillips

    November 15, 2013 at 2:11 am

    You may need to uninstall and reinstall.

    Michael

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy