Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Error compiling movie

• Error compiling movie

• John Reynolds

January 17, 2008 at 4:26 am

I just recently been experiencing very wierd error in Adobe Premier Pro CS3.

This is what error message I’m getting.

Premiere Pro debug

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
    (..\..\Src\PPixHandleUtilities.cpp-114)

Error compiling movie. Unknown error.

Can anyone tell me what this means? I trying to render a video in the timeline using uncompressed AVI. I’ve done this a million times before but never got this message until yesterday. I now can’t even render the simpliest of videos. Even exporting to other formats won’t work. Only Microsoft DV AVI works but I don’t like the quality. Something serious is going on here. My job is at steak. I haven’t changed anything on my computer. I remember doing some updates not too long ago but don’t remember if it was on Premier Pro CS3. I have all the latest updates/bug fixes.

Please help.

• Randy McWilson

January 17, 2008 at 5:48 am

Here a couple of suggestions:

(1) make a totally new project and IMPORT the other project into the new one.

(2) Create a new timeline in your existing project. Go to the old timeline, copy EVERYTHING and then paste it into the new timeline.

(3) make sure your scratch disks are not full. this will cause it everytime.

(4) I routinely get this error if I have a still graphic photo or image that is over 3000 pixels wide or so. I always shrink them down a bit in photoshop or do the effect in After Effects.

Eternity…don’t miss it for the world.

• John Reynolds

January 17, 2008 at 2:40 pm

Dam Randy…You saved my life…Thank You so much!

It was two logos at 300 dpi about 1500 pixels. Originally I thought it was them because I recieved an error during preview render, so I converted to psd instead of PNG. So the preview rendered ok but then the final output wouldn’t work. I’ve done hi rez files before in FCP so I didn’t think it would be a problem. But once the timeline got corrupt I think I also needed to restart and do a new project so all the things you said needed to be checked and/or done. The only thing I had covered was the scratch disks.

I’m still a little miffed the Premiere Pro cant actually tell me what the error was or where it was coming from. Priemier Pro SHOULDN’T EVEN LET A FILE IT CAN’T HANDLE INTO THE PROJECT OR TIMELINE. In this day and age you would think a stupid thing like this would be solved or fixed. Com on guys at ADOBE…you should be ASHAMED…so many people have this problem..

DAM FIX IT…..I’m going back to FCP

• Jared Isham

January 26, 2008 at 9:11 am

I’ve been having the same problem.

Here are my specs:

SD project with a DV AVI video file. I have about 20 audio tracks.

At first it would crash on me during playback, as well as the playback being jittery – some times froze on frames but audio would continue – in the Standard Def format.

I imported the project into a new one, same problem. I attempted to copy the timeline to a new one, crashes due to limited memory available.

Now I can’t even export the audio without it crashing or giving me the unknown error. I even tried reinstalling. I have all the updates for CS3 but still does not help.

Comp:
    AMD Athelon 64 3.2 Ghz
    2gig RAM
    Avialable Disk space 156GB on a SATA Drive.

Very confused, I am attempting to get this project done and wont be able to if this continues.

• Jon Barrie

January 26, 2008 at 12:29 pm

What format are the audio files in? mp3, wav, aif?
    Some mp3 or mp4 based audio formats can be rogue and PPro won’t like them very much. You must make sure your audio is all wav or aif format. You can reformat them separately in another project and then replace them in the timeline of your edit, by unlinking and relinking them to the wavs.
    Hope this helps. Otherwise, goto Project>remove unused. It should clean up your project. ALso delete rendered from Sequence>…
    Then export it.
    – Jon 🙂

How many editors does it take to change a light bulb?

• Jared Isham

January 26, 2008 at 7:27 pm

all audio files are aif and wav files. I am attempting to export the audio as a wav file but am not having any luck.

Nothing on the timeline is rendered.

• Jon Barrie

January 26, 2008 at 11:45 pm

If you are having issues converting the aif files into wav I’d say that’s the problem there. The aif file/s are conflicting somehow. Aif is acceptable and I use it all the time so it’s not that PPro is not able to use it. It seems the aif file is not completely clean. There is a hiccup in it that’s come from the original export of it. If you have audio software like audition or soundbooth, even QT pro you can open the aif files in there and re-export them to wav. then replace them in PPro. Without seeing the timeline I can’t tell you what else might be causing the issue.
    Have all the files you are using in 1 folder (pref on a separate hard drive) and reconnect all your media to that one folder.
    – Jon 🙂

How many editors does it take to change a light bulb?

• Giancarlo Johansson

March 21, 2008 at 1:52 pm

Hello there,

I followed the steps suggested by Randy… but when I try to import the project to a new project I still get the “error” message… Premiere Pro Debug Event – “Premiere Pro has encountered an error.

[/Spike/pro/3.1.1/MediaCore/ASL/Foundation/Make/Mac/../../Src/Mac/MacFile.cpp-943]”

All other projects open just fine. This happened all of a sudden after I added a rolling title at the end of the 1,5 hour movie. I have searched and searched the internet for any kind of clues and or solutions, but with no luck what so ever… I even tried to open the “auto-save” copies, it opened once – crashed – and then I was back at square one again.

It’s driving me crazy because like John, my job and reputation is on the line. Any help or suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Thank you!
    Giancarlo

• John Reynolds

March 21, 2008 at 2:18 pm

I finally figured out what this error is.

Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
    (….SrcPPixHandleUtilities.cpp-114)

It’s a compiling and render error in Premier Pro on preview rendering bad/corrupt/odd codec Quicktime movies. Premier Pro seems to be able to only render and use a small portion of certain Quicktime movies that are imported into the timeline using certain conversion codecs. I have a big music video I was working on and was using bought stock footage from I-Stock and Artbeats. I took all the quicktime video clips and converted them to Uncompressed avi’s and the problem went away. No more Quicktime movies in Premier Pro for me until this is fixed. I’m only using Quicktime in Final Cut. I will say that when I do make my own animations in After Effects using the Quciktime format I don’t seem to be having any problems using those in the timeline. But I always save them to Uncompressed and no codec used.

• john wisniewski

April 7, 2008 at 4:32 pm

I’ve encountered this problem over a hundred times because i had to use that quicktime codec for my transparency videos and i tried everything on the net i could find but only one thing has worked for me.

This is going to sound a little unprofessional but try closing your program monitor. It works for me every time. It used to take 10 to 30 tries before it would click and start rendering but i tried that and it starts up right away.

My projects mainly consisted of hdv (60i) and a single sound track with effects by the way

hope that helps…

Viewing 1 - 10 of 36 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy