Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › DVD Authoring › DVD ISO Authored in DVD Architect Pro5 will not play in most DVD Players

  • DVD ISO Authored in DVD Architect Pro5 will not play in most DVD Players

    Posted by James Tisdale on December 23, 2010 at 10:28 pm

    I recently authored a DVD for a friend using DVD Architect5. I then made an ISO using Ultra ISO 9.3 and burned it using express burn by NHC. I have the file system set to UDF 1.02, the volume label matches the ISO name and the naming convention has all caps and no spaces, ex: TERRYS_CHRISTMAS_DVD. I’m using Sony DVD+R AccuCORE discs. I’ve made back-ups of Retail DVDs with those discs and I’ve had no trouble playing them in any stand alone player. My question is what am I missing? Is there some setting in Architect or when creating the ISO that I’m skipping? I downloaded VSO inspector and had it scan the ISO. Here is a SS from that scan:
    ==================================================
    VSO Inspector Report
    Version: 2.1.0.4
    Created: 12/23/2010 4:22 PM
    ==================================================

    Device: [4:0:0 – ROR 1AV4D2FO9Q 3.5Z [I] (Scsi)]

    General Information ——————————————————————–

    Vendor ………………..: ROR
    Model …………………: 1AV4D2FO9Q
    Drive Letter …………..: I:
    Firmware Version ……….: 3.5Z
    Firmware Date ………….:
    Buffer Size ……………: 128 KB

    DVD Features —————————————————————————

    Region Code ……………: None
    RPC Scheme …………….: RPC Phase II
    User Changes Left ………: 5
    Vendor Resets Left ……..: 4

    Read Features ————————————————————————–

    Reads CD-R …………….: Yes
    Reads CD-RW ……………: Yes
    Reads HD-BURN ………….: No
    Reads DVD-ROM ………….: Yes
    Reads DVD-R ……………: Yes
    Reads DVD-RW …………..: No
    Reads DVD-R Dual Layer ….: Yes
    Reads DVD+R ……………: Yes
    Reads DVD+RW …………..: Yes
    Reads DVD+R Dual Layer ….: Yes
    Reads DVD-RAM ………….: No
    Reads Blu-ray ………….: Yes
    Reads HD-DVD …………..: Yes
    Reads Multisession ……..: Yes
    Reads Mode 2 Form 1 …….: Yes
    Reads Mode 2 Form 2 …….: Yes
    Reads Fixed Packet Method 2: Yes
    Reads RW Subcodes ………: Yes
    Corrects RW Subcodes ……: Yes
    Reads PW in LeadIn ……..: No
    Reads ISRC …………….: Yes
    Reads UPC ……………..: Yes
    Reads Barcode ………….: No
    Reads CD Text ………….: Yes
    Max. Read Speed ………..: 8467 KB/s

    Write Features ————————————————————————-

    Writes CD-R ……………: No
    Writes CD-RW …………..: No
    Writes HD-BURN …………: No
    Writes DVD-R …………..: No
    Writes DVD-RW ………….: No
    Writes DVD-R Dual Layer …: No
    Writes DVD+R …………..: No
    Writes DVD+RW ………….: No
    Writes DVD+R Dual Layer …: No
    Writes DVD-RAM …………: No
    Writes Blu-ray (BD-R) …..: No
    Writes Blu-ray (BD-RE) ….: No
    Writes HD-DVD-R ………..: No
    Writes HD-DVD-RW ……….: No
    Writes HD-DVD-RAM ………: No
    Writes HD-DVD-R Dual Layer : No
    Writes HD-DVD-RW Dual Layer: No
    Supports Simulated Write ..: No
    Buffer Underrun Protection : No

    Misc Features ————————————————————————–

    Plays Audio CD …………: Yes
    Composite ……………..: Yes
    Digital Port 1 …………: No
    Digital Port 2 …………: No
    Supports CDDA Command …..: Yes
    CDDA Accurate ………….: Yes
    Supports C2 Pointers ……: Yes
    Supports Locking ……….: Yes
    Labelflash …………….: No
    LightScribe ……………: No

    Media ==================================================================================

    Physical Information ——————————————————————-

    Media Type …………….: DVD-ROM
    Media ID ………………: N/A
    Speeds ………………..: N/A
    Layers ………………..: 1
    Capacity ………………: 1.03 GB
    Sectors ……………….: 538128

    Content ——————————————————————————–

    Book Type ……………..: DVD-ROM
    Regions ……………….: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Content Type …………..: DVD-Video
    Tracks ………………..: 1
    Sessions ………………: 1
    Bootable ………………: No

    ISO File System ————————————————————————

    Volume Label …………..: TERRYS_CHRISTMAS_DVD
    Creation Date ………….: 12/21/2010 5:23:35 AM
    Modification Date ………: 12/21/2010 5:23:35 AM
    Publisher ……………..:
    Application ……………: ULTRAISO V9.3 CD & DVD CREATOR, (C)2009 EZB SYSTEMS, INC.

    UDF File System ————————————————————————

    Volume Label …………..: TERRYS_CHRISTMAS_DVD
    UDF Version ……………: 1.02
    Recording Date …………: 12/23/2010 9:23:35 PM
    Directories ……………: 3
    Files …………………: 16

    System =================================================================================

    Upper Filters ————————————————————————–

    None

    Upper Filters ————————————————————————–

    Name ………….: Afc
    Description ……: Arcsoft(R) ASPI Shell
    Company ……….: Arcsoft, Inc.

    Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

    James

    James Tisdale replied 15 years, 9 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy