Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Dumb Question / CC Premiere Pro 6

• Dumb Question / CC Premiere Pro 6

• Chris Holland

May 29, 2013 at 2:00 am

I had a question that may seem dumb but I just wondered if someone can confirm something for me.

If I do a project in Premiere using CS6 with the Creative Cloud, can I still Save the Project Files and give them to the client and will they be able to open them if they have the box copy of CS6 Premiere and aren’t using CC ?

Thanks.

Chris Holland
    Editor/Animator

• Jeff Meyer

May 29, 2013 at 2:42 am

I haven’t come across this info. Worst case scenario there’s EDL/XML.

• Steve Martin

May 29, 2013 at 3:24 am

Chris,

I have 2 seats of CS6. One is a “Production Premium” box set and the other is CC. I have been able to move projects from one workstation to another without any issue – including the importing of timelines from one workstation into a new project on the other. I’ve only had 3 or 4 occasions (i.e. different projects) that I’ve done this for, so I wouldn’t call my experiences “definitive.” However, each has been without any significant issue.

The only thing that I did have happen on one of the projects was that when i moved it, my timeline dis-associated the audio track assignments. The media and clips were still there, it just wasn’t outputting the audio. The hint was that they turned red in the timeline.

It took us a while to figure out what happened but once I did it was just a matter of manually redo them. I had to select each clip (right click) and reset the track assignments. After doing a bunch of them individually, I realized that I could select a bunch at a time and do them all at once. It was just a minor annoyance – but I thought I’d mention it as I’ve heard that it has happened to others as well.

I hope this helps!

Production is fun – but lets not forget: Nobody ever died on the video table!

• Walter Soyka

May 29, 2013 at 8:34 am

[Chris Holland] “If I do a project in Premiere using CS6 with the Creative Cloud, can I still Save the Project Files and give them to the client and will they be able to open them if they have the box copy of CS6 Premiere and aren’t using CC ?”

Premiere Pro CS6, whether you got it in a box or via Creative Cloud, are fundamentally the same software. You’ll be able to interchange project files without any issues.

A note, just for clarity — Premiere Pro CS6 downloaded from Creative Cloud is not the same as “Premiere Pro CC.”

“Premiere Pro CC” is the next version of Premiere — what would have been CS7 if Adobe had continued their prior conventions. These projects will not be backwards-compatible with CS6. (CC will read CS6 project files, but CS6 will not read CC project files.)

Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

• Chris Holland

May 29, 2013 at 3:55 pm

Thanks guys. This kind of led me to another question.

Since CS6 is the current version and moving forward it will just be CC. Let’s say i start a project on the cloud using CS6 and the new version comes out.

Does anyone know if it will auto update you to CC or could i finish my current project with CS6 so my client who doesn’t have CC will be able to work with it or can you save to a Backwards compatible format ?

Thanks.

Chris Holland
    Editor/Animator

• Walter Soyka

May 29, 2013 at 5:08 pm

[Chris Holland] “Since CS6 is the current version and moving forward it will just be CC. Let’s say i start a project on the cloud using CS6 and the new version comes out. Does anyone know if it will auto update you to CC or could i finish my current project with CS6 so my client who doesn’t have CC will be able to work with it or can you save to a Backwards compatible format ?”

Creative Cloud does not auto-update. You choose when to install updates onto your computer.

Premiere Pro CC will install as a separate application, and you can run it alongside your existing install of Premiere Pro CS6 — you can have both installed at the same time.

CC does not save CS6-compatible project files, so you’d have to stick with CS6 or use XML for interchange to work with this client.

They could also rent Premiere Pro CS6 on a month-by-month basis without having to go for the whole CC subscription.

Walter Soyka
    Principal & Designer at Keen Live
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    RenderBreak Blog – What I’m thinking when my workstation’s thinking
    Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

• Chris Holland

May 31, 2013 at 1:49 pm

Thanks.

Chris Holland
    Editor/Animator

• Martin Deeney

June 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Hi There
    So your saying you have Prem pro cc? Adobe are telling me it is not available for download yet, can you advise at all

Martin

• Gal Gruper

June 26, 2013 at 4:52 am

sorry for the slight delay, the solution is simple. nest the sequence you want to convert back to cs6 replace with and ae composition, go to ae, save project file in cs6 format, at the save as menu, open the project in ae cs6, export premiere pro project, open project in premiere cs6. simple. 🙂

• Jeff Castelluccio

August 8, 2014 at 1:01 am

Hello fellow collaborators,

We just encountered the same thing over here at Bubba’s Chop Shop. We were working on a project in CC, but the client was still on CS6.

We came up with another work around because we had issues importing the “FCP XML” from CC into CS6.

Here is what we came up with:

1. Export to from CC to a FCP XML
    2. Bring XML into FCP 7
    3. Export another XML from FCP 7
    4. Open on CS6 and import the New FCP 7 XML and reconnect the media.

Hope this helps you guys out.

Happy storytelling!

Jeff

w: https://bubbaschopshop.com/
    e: [email protected]

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy