Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Avid Media Composer digitising 1:1 Digibeta in Avid MC v.10 and grading on Xpress, possible?

• digitising 1:1 Digibeta in Avid MC v.10 and grading on Xpress, possible?

• Samuel A. Martin

July 2, 2005 at 10:55 pm

Hi:

Is this a possible worflow? I was wondering whether I can digitise uncompressed DigiBeta in Avid MC v.10 and then take the footage and grade at 1:1 resolution on Avid Xpress pro + mojo. I want to then take the footage back onto the MC and print to tape.

All this at 1:1 resolution, back and forth. Is it possible? Will the MC read the CC effects? v.10 doesn’t have CC tools….

If this is possible. should I just digitise and then copy the files and project folder to an external drive and simply open in Xpress pro? Will Xpress read the files and link them to the timeline? Will I have to relink? What about from Xpress to MC? Same path but backwards? Will Xpress pro handle DigiBeta footage?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Sam

• Dennis Kutchera

July 3, 2005 at 2:16 am

You would have to render the sequence in XpressPro to play back in MC. You may have to use relink moving media between systems.

Dennis

• Frank Feijen

July 4, 2005 at 5:43 pm

In case you get the media-offline-message in xpress, instead of having to relink, it may be enough to open up the media-tool, select the right disk and project, while having your bins open. The media should show up.

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy