Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › date/time stamp

  • date/time stamp

    Posted by Dennis Johnson on January 9, 2009 at 8:52 pm

    Hello – I have just ordered the Canopus AVDC-110 Analog to Digital Converter. AppleCare told me that if I plug my Canon ZR950 Digital Camera or my Canon GL2 3CCD Camera by RCA into the AVDC Converter then run a firewire from the converter to the iMac and import the video from the camera to Final Cut as log as I have the date/time code on the LCD Camera screen it will import as a part of the video to the Final Cut program. Does this sound right to anyone? I am truly ready to jump off my office building before I get this problem solved. HELP !!!!!!!!!! – Dennis

    Mark Suszko replied 17 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Mark Suszko

    January 9, 2009 at 9:01 pm

    Yes, this is what I suggested you do, and I’m fairly confident it will work.

  • Mark Suszko

    January 9, 2009 at 9:03 pm

    Addendum: you’ll have to go thru the camcorder manuals and find the menu settings that turn on the data overlay and superimpose it on the composite video output. Do you have your manuals? if not, usually you can find them free in PDF form on the web at the respective manufacturer’s web sites.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy