Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity Forums Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78

• Niccin Niccin

August 12, 2014 at 7:20 am

A similar error was due to the use of “rotation” of the clip under the titer. Tucked away rotation – all is well.

• Russ Zill

July 9, 2015 at 12:35 pm

I just had the same issue with my copy of PP CS6. Fortunately I had already completed the project and had to correct 2 typos, but I kept getting the same error message and it kept crashing. I finally managed to make the corrections despite the titler issue. I was still having issues with any new projects I created and trying to use the title tool, so I ended up uninstalling/re-installing PP and now everything works fine…except that old project! Thankfully new projects are ok, just that one problem child. I don’t know.
    I did update some drivers a few weeks before the issue started, but nothing to do with any of my Adobe stuff. Also, I’m working on a HP ZBook 17, I7-4700 2.40GHz, 16GB, Windows 7 Pro and plenty of HDD space.

• Gary Arrington

March 20, 2017 at 1:10 pm

I know this is an old post, but I recently had the same problem when I created a 720p project using Premiere’s pre-defined project settings. Every time I tried to create a title, I would get the “video fractory frame” error, and PP would crash. But if I was working in a 1080p project, all was fine.

I corrected the error by creating a “custom” project format for my 720p footage. As far as I can tell, I didn’t change any of the settings from the Adobe project settings. When I drag my 720p footage on the timeline, PP tells me it doesn’t match the sequence settings. I then choose to keep the sequence settings and the titler runs just fine.

• David Lanigan

November 30, 2022 at 10:51 pm

I just experienced the same issue after opening a project that I created years ago. Same problem with the titler:

CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78

The titler worked fine in newly created projects, just not in that old one.

Then I did some experimenting – copying all project items into the clipboard, and pasting them into a new projects – titler working.

Then I stripped the project down to one title and did a node by node comparison of the written .prproj files (since they are simple XML). And after some replacing I found that the issue was caused by the <WorkspaceDefinition>. When I copied that from the “newly” created project to the defective one (replacing it there) that project also worked.

I suppose that it must have been saved, when I had a different monitor configuration – and the titler has problems with it and needs a fresh one to work again.

So in the end I found this simple repair:

-Open your broken project

-Open the menu Windows / Work Area

-Click Reset current work workspace..

-Save your project

-The titler schould work again

CS6 is a bit old nowadays, so it’s doubtful, that this solution will benefit many people. But some times it is necessary to open an old project (like in my case). And I thought it’s good to know, what to do then.

Page 2 of 2

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy