Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78

  • CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78

     David Lanigan updated 2 months ago 7 Members · 15 Posts
  • Gwen Lindsey

    March 14, 2014 at 5:25 pm

    After extensively working on this, Titler is still dead, and I can’t believe I’m facing the prospect of abandoning the program altogether.

    Are there resources where I can pay a techy programmer type to help me get the program back up and running? Lots of google searches and I’m only finding experts who could help me learn to use the program itself.


  • niccin niccin

    August 12, 2014 at 7:20 am

    A similar error was due to the use of “rotation” of the clip under the titer. Tucked away rotation – all is well.

  • Russ Zill

    July 9, 2015 at 12:35 pm

    I just had the same issue with my copy of PP CS6. Fortunately I had already completed the project and had to correct 2 typos, but I kept getting the same error message and it kept crashing. I finally managed to make the corrections despite the titler issue. I was still having issues with any new projects I created and trying to use the title tool, so I ended up uninstalling/re-installing PP and now everything works fine…except that old project! Thankfully new projects are ok, just that one problem child. I don’t know.
    I did update some drivers a few weeks before the issue started, but nothing to do with any of my Adobe stuff. Also, I’m working on a HP ZBook 17, I7-4700 2.40GHz, 16GB, Windows 7 Pro and plenty of HDD space.

  • Gary Arrington

    March 20, 2017 at 1:10 pm

    I know this is an old post, but I recently had the same problem when I created a 720p project using Premiere’s pre-defined project settings. Every time I tried to create a title, I would get the “video fractory frame” error, and PP would crash. But if I was working in a 1080p project, all was fine.

    I corrected the error by creating a “custom” project format for my 720p footage. As far as I can tell, I didn’t change any of the settings from the Adobe project settings. When I drag my 720p footage on the timeline, PP tells me it doesn’t match the sequence settings. I then choose to keep the sequence settings and the titler runs just fine.

  • David Lanigan

    November 30, 2022 at 10:51 pm

    I just experienced the same issue after opening a project that I created years ago. Same problem with the titler:

    CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78

    The titler worked fine in newly created projects, just not in that old one.

    Then I did some experimenting – copying all project items into the clipboard, and pasting them into a new projects – titler working.

    Then I stripped the project down to one title and did a node by node comparison of the written .prproj files (since they are simple XML). And after some replacing I found that the issue was caused by the <WorkspaceDefinition>. When I copied that from the “newly” created project to the defective one (replacing it there) that project also worked.

    I suppose that it must have been saved, when I had a different monitor configuration – and the titler has problems with it and needs a fresh one to work again.

    So in the end I found this simple repair:

    -Open your broken project

    -Open the menu Windows / Work Area

    -Click Reset current work workspace..

    -Save your project

    -The titler schould work again

    CS6 is a bit old nowadays, so it’s doubtful, that this solution will benefit many people. But some times it is necessary to open an old project (like in my case). And I thought it’s good to know, what to do then.

Viewing 11 - 15 of 15 posts

Log in to reply.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy