Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78

• CS6 Titler is corrupted: /src/VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78

David Lanigan updated 2 months ago 7 Members · 15 Posts
  • Gwen Lindsey

March 2, 2014 at 5:13 pm

I would greatly appreciate suggestions to fix this. I invested 5 hours and 30 titles and now PP crashes whether I’m trying to work with the problem project or a new project, on opening a title. I have to kill the PP process in Task Manager before I can reopen PP.

Debug message:
    Premiere Pro has encountered an error.
    [..\..\Src\VideoFrameFactory.cpp-78]

https://forums.adobe.com/message/6171569#6171569

I have a Lenovo W530 Thinkpad, 64 bit, 16 GB RAM, Win7Enterprise, i7-3740QM CP, 2.70 GHz. Currently 250 GB free on the 500 GB system.

I had no system load going, rendering as I went along, no problem.
    I was using a simple Adobe font.
    I followed the suggestion to use Font Frenzy to possibly fix any font problem. While it said it fixed something, there is no log to see details.

All software is up to date, the computer is up to date. I cleared cookies, re-booted. Also saved the file to a copy, cleared the render files. That enabled me to at least open a title from the left bottom corner areas, and see the simple one-line text, but much of the titler window edit functions are missing. Then I opened a title from the timeline, and PP crashed again. The crashes continue.

I’m so hoping I don’t have to reinstall PP.

• Ann Bens

March 2, 2014 at 6:11 pm

You could start with starting Premiere up while holding down alt+shift.
    This clears the preferences and plugin cache.
    The empty your medai cache database.

———————————————–
    Adobe Certified Expert Premiere Pro CC
    Adobe Community Professional

• Gwen Lindsey

March 2, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Thank you Ann.
    I tried a few versions of this and all resulted in the same problem:
    – I opened the last known good project
    – Then I opened PP itself and opened the last known good project
    – Then I opened PP itself and started a new project.

In the first variation, I opened a title from the timeline and it did open the titler, which was again minus most of the functions. But this was better than last time where opening from the timeline generated the error.

However then opening a title from the lower left corner area, triggered the error.

The errors persisted in the next variations of opening PP. For the 3rd type, new project, opening a new title caused the error and shut down PP.

• Gwen Lindsey

March 2, 2014 at 6:44 pm

I will add something odd I’m seeing. I’ve started a new project which will consist of just a few clips, no titles, and the program is working so far. But render doesn’t work. The clips are .m2ts files and they remain yellow-lined. On the project I WAS working on where the titler got corrupted, I had also noticed that while the titles were rendering, the video clips were not. Those clips were .mp4 clips.

I’m now also confused about why rendering doesn’t work. I’ve edited many projects with these file types and rendering was always functional.

• Tim Kolb

March 10, 2014 at 1:57 pm

It sounds like something may have happened to the Premiere Pro application itself.

I might try a reinstall of the application and see if that straightens some of this out…

TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

Adobe Certified Instructor

• Gwen Lindsey

March 10, 2014 at 3:45 pm

I’ve now spent about 20 hours non-stop tweaking, reinstalling, fixing, and I’m about to abandon the program altogether.
    A truncated list of what I’ve suffered through:

Re: 5 hrs of work and CS6 titler crashed

Postby ChancyRat » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:36 am
    I now have post-traumatic titler disorder.
    Thoroughly discouraged. 13 hours of work and the error still occurs.
    I have:
    – reinstalled the Win7 fonts; reset them to default;
    – in the process, screwed up the computer’s system fonts (they reverted to italics, resized and messed up screens like internet options, and bolded and changed the fonts on browsers, and, completely corrupted chrome which Snapped on every screen [3 reinstalls did not work]. Only this saved the day on this sidetrack descent to hell: https://www.askvg.com/fix-bold-and-itali … n-windows/.
    – did all these: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/tro … p-cs5.html
    – and these: https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/kb/e … readme.pdf
    – all the while opening and reopening the program, the problem project, and new projects, and crashing.
    – along the way reinstalled the entire suite 4 times, to try to insure I was starting right
    – did the CUDA hack successfully
    – cleared my preferences, cleared my cache (https://forums.adobe.com/message/6160999#6160999)
    – the script to add to photoshop to check fonts was fine; fontfrenzy found nothing in the Win7 fonts
    – couldn’t get myself to understand the method here: https://forums.adobe.com/message/4185832#4185832

I have nowhere else to go at this point.
    If I do 6 of the above sets of fixes, and try the program, and it crashes, should I assume that I must then completely uninstall/reinstall again, and go through all 6 steps again? Not sure I’m saying this right but I’m not sure if I wreck the entire program, or all the system fonts, or – something that I’ve already adjusted. What would I be killing when the crash happens?
    I might not be fixing anything if I don’t do them in the right order. I might be just hitting myself repeatedly rather than fixing anything.

• Tim Kolb

March 10, 2014 at 4:12 pm

First off, the probability that the crashing has to do with your system fonts is likely zero…so my guess is all that did more harm than good…

After reinstalling CS6, did you apply the updates?

Honestly most fonts that the Titler doesn’t like just don’t display right…it’s a rare font that will crash the Titler/Premiere Pro entirely. This sounds like a preference or project corruption. To test anything you do from this point forward, you’d need to create a new project and make a Title and save it, save the project, open it, etc.

If you can do what you need to do with the titler in a new project, the project(s) you are having difficulty with are likely culprits.

If you create a new project and import the problem project into it, try to make that crash… If it doesn’t, the problem was in the original problem project itself.

TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

• Gwen Lindsey

March 10, 2014 at 4:20 pm

Thank you for your thoughts, I do appreciate them.
    The zero in on fonts came from this thread: https://forums.adobe.com/message/4185832#4185832

Yes, always installed updates and checked for possible more of them.

I did delete preferences, cleared the media cache.

The one hope I had, that did not come through, was after a clean reinstall and update, starting just a new project, but just creating one title caused the crash.

• Tim Kolb

March 10, 2014 at 4:35 pm

Then, I would say you want to back track and think about any system changes you made in the time period when the crashes started to happen…and driver updates…new anti-virus…definitely and added hardware…any new software installs…

Something changed in your system that caused it to start doing this if you were running without an issue previously.

TimK,
    Director, Consultant
    Kolb Productions,

• Gwen Lindsey

March 10, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Regarding, “think about any system changes you made in the time period when the crashes started to happen…and driver updates…new anti-virus…definitely and added hardware…any new software installs…”

It’s true I let Lenovo do an update before I began work on the video project, but I recall the patches were extremely minor and only 2 of them…

Windows updates may have taken place about a week earlier, the default update, as there were no new updates available. Java and Flash did not need updating.

No new software or hardware added.

I ran Spybot twice during my 13-hr marathon to try to fix this, to check that angle, with no results. Anti-virus is up to date.

Here’s the kicker: I had worked steadily for 5 hours on this project and added 25-some titles without incident. Perfect. I was flying, I felt. Then one title crashed. And that was that.

In fact I was able to export the partial video successfully, which I did in order to have a backup to see what I’d done, in case I had to start over. I also created another completely different project and video from start to finish without one crash; I succeeded because I added no titles.

I realize I’m not saying, Okay thanks, got it, but – do you see why this is confusing?

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy