Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Maxon Cinema 4D › Creating a 2D “Slice” of an animated object C4D, AE or both

  • Creating a 2D “Slice” of an animated object C4D, AE or both

    Posted by Tony Bove on July 15, 2015 at 1:39 am

    Hello,
    I am new to the forum, so please bear with me.

    I need to create several slices (think of an MRI or a stack of layers) of animated objects. The each slice needs to be exported as a single video.

    I have been using a sphere for proof of concept, but the project will require 3D animated fish, people and other characters.

    I have tried using several cameras in C4D, set up in a line. Then exporting each camera in AE. The problem was that with the perspective of the cameras, it did not work.

    I then tried using Boole in C4D. But I am only able to cut one side of the object.

    I finally tried using camera far/near clipping. So the object would move through each camera’s clipped depth. This worked…kind of. The problem was that the objects appear to be hollow.

    So I am asking if there is a way to do this. Any help is appreciated!

    I read the post about the person who needed to do this with a single cube. But for my project, I will need to use this with many animated characters.

    Thank you in advance for your input!

    Tony Bove replied 11 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Brian Jones

    July 15, 2015 at 2:21 am

    try Boole set to A Intersect B with a skinny cube (as thick as the slice you want). Animate that moving through your other object. Then do it again (separate Booles) for the other objects.

  • Tony Bove

    July 15, 2015 at 2:34 am

    Thank you, I will try it!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy