Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Counter from 0000000 to 2000000 over an hour

  • Counter from 0000000 to 2000000 over an hour

    Posted by Tim French on June 9, 2007 at 9:37 am

    Hi,

    Now i’ve seen a million threads asking about counters but I’m not finding any solutions to my problem.

    I need to create a simple white on black count up from 0 to 2000000 over the space of an hour, I’ve tried after fx (5.5) and it will only go up to 30000 now I could create 2 hours of time code counter, mask out the markers and reposition the numbers but that all seems a bit last resort.

    At my disposal I have final cut studio 1, after fx 5.5 and shake.

    Thanks

    Tim

    Bjørn Holmgren replied 19 years, 3 months ago 4 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Jerry Hofmann

    June 9, 2007 at 12:29 pm

    Don’t know of any plugins that will do what you need, might be one somewhere? I do know of another TC plugin though, might be useful: https://homepage.mac.com/fearless/FileSharing32.html

    Thanks to Peter Barrett (a.k.a. fearless) for the above!

    But included with FCP, you’re idea of using the TC generators is the only way I know of to do the job… yeah, what you didn’t want to hear.

    Jerry

    Apple Certified Trainer

    Author: “Jerry Hofmann on Final Cut Pro 4” Click here

    Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D

  • David Roth weiss

    June 9, 2007 at 4:34 pm

    [Tim French] “I could create 2 hours of time code counter, mask out the markers and reposition the numbers but that all seems a bit last resort.”

    That sure sounds like the easiest solution. Why fight it?

    David Roth Weiss
    Director/Editor/Post-production Supervisor
    David Weiss Productions, Inc.
    Los Angeles

  • Bjørn Holmgren

    June 10, 2007 at 8:27 pm

    The Shake Text node comes in handy for stuff like this.
    Paste this into your node workspace:

    Text1 = Text(720, 576, 1, “{teller}”, “Courier”, 100, xFontScale/GetDefaultAspect(),
    1, width/2, height/2, 0, 3, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 45, 0,
    1, int teller = time*200000/3600);

    Regards,
    Bj

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy