-
Converting dvc pro 720p60 to 25fps pal dvd
Hey everyone.
I have the problem that I shot a little documentary in Africa last year, which was supposed to be released on BluRay. Because of that it’s been shot in 24fps and 60fps (on the panasonic HPX 170, and canon D7).Now it all turned out different and I have to make it work as a Pal-DVD for europe. First I’ve searched for good downscaling solutions since I was never happy with converting HD to SD with FinalCut or Premiere anyways, sadly though the only real solution I found (https://bellunevideo.com/tutorials/hd2sdTutorial/hd2sd.html) is for PC only, and since I am working on a Mac and have no time left to organize a pc, that won’t work.
Instead I thought just making the DVD with the usual Premiere conversion (exporting the 60fps timeline as 30fps (29,95) and then using adobe encore to convert them into 25fps PAL for DVD. (mpeg and wav files)Of course you see the frame dropping a lot, and that in addition to the sad downscaling turns it into something that looks almost like filmed on a mobile phone – which of course is pretty sad having started with amazing HD Timelapse footage from Africas countryside etc…
Any solutions out there?
Thanks in advance,
Luc