Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Canon Cameras connecting C300 Mark II to computer

• connecting C300 Mark II to computer

Todd Terry updated 6 months, 4 weeks ago 2 Members · 2 Posts
  • Keith Salkowski

August 9, 2020 at 3:34 pm

Please excuse the very basic nature of this question. I’m primarily a producer with limited hands-on experience shooting. I am currently shooting a video project with a C100 and C300 Mk II. The C100 has a USB connector to transfer footage to my computer for editing. The C300 does not. Despite over an hour of reading the manual and Googling the question, I cannot figure out a way to connect the C300 to my computer so I can transfer the clips to a hard drive. (I also couldn’t find anything about this on Creative Cow, please excuse me if it’s been covered here before.) Is the only way to do this by accessing the CFast cards using a card reader attached to the computer? Or am I missing something very basic?

• Todd Terry

August 9, 2020 at 8:31 pm

Well I don’t use the Mark II but I’ve shot with the C300PL since just about the first day they came out, and I know the camera pretty intimately… and I have to say that this is something that I’ve never even thought of.

I don’t know if there is a USB port on your camera… I sure don’t think there is one on mine… never had any reason to even look for one.

Maybe I’m missing something… why not just pop the card in a card reader? Readers are cheap, it’s fast and easy to do, they are not expensive, and it’s so much easier than dragging your camera into an edit suite and hooking it up (and I’d suggest doing the same with your C100, too).

Do you want to do it this way for a particular reason?

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy