Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Connecting 2009 iMac to HD televison for preview

  • Connecting 2009 iMac to HD televison for preview

    Posted by Rob Hindley on August 31, 2009 at 11:25 pm

    I am using a analog/digital converter with dv (Firewire400) and RCA outputs.
    Previously I did this, I had to run the signal through a video player first.
    Is there anyway I can just run the signal from the converter box to the tv?

    If so, what cabling would I need?

    Dan Nethery replied 17 years, 1 month ago 3 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Michael Sacci

    September 1, 2009 at 2:37 am

    If you want HD you need to look at something like the Matrox MXO, it will use the DVI out to give you HD view preview out.

  • Dan Nethery

    September 1, 2009 at 2:24 pm

    You could buy two cables and a cheap HD TV w/ HDMI from the Wal-Mart… It wont be a pixel for pixel picture.. It is down and dirty… But works. Mac will recognize that it is a HD TV and give you the correct resolution setting… 720 or 1080… It will treat it like a second monitor.

    Tell FCP to use it as your video playback thought View / Video Playback / Digital Desktop RAW or Full Screen.

    Mac Mini DisplayPort – HDMI Cable

    HDMI Cable

    This is one solution to a tight budget… Or you would have a Mac Pro tower with a Kona card and genelec monitors and a nice ikegami or sony video monitor

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy