Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Maxon Cinema 4D Confused

• Confused

• randy johnson

June 13, 2008 at 9:39 am

I have a spline that is a cable on a telescopic crane. I have used xpresso to control the points on the spline so when the crane expands the the cable follows. Now when I get to the end to the cable I have a hook held on with a Constraint tag. The issue is I want the hook to swing in the wind…When I planed this I thought I could put a Hair:Spline dynamics tag on the whole cable but I recently found out that cancelled out my expresso…

I know I could split the spline into two and pin them together at the one end but is there away more direct way to solve this?

/Randy

• Brian Jones

June 13, 2008 at 6:42 pm

any reason why you can’t have two splines? One in the telescoping section up to the end pulley (I assume) and the other starting at the pulley going downward, or does the downward section move up and down with the telescoping? If so, it is possible to both animate and use Dynamic Spline by setting Rest Mix in Dynamic Spline to something non-zero. Haven’t tried it with xpresso but it does work with animated scale etc. it’s just a mix of the two so you have to find the balance you want.

• randy johnson

June 16, 2008 at 7:53 am

There is no reason not too have two splines but since I am pretty new to xpresso I wanted to see if I was missing something or perhaps taking the wrong approach entirely.
    Thanks for info on the spline dynamics I will have a go at that too.

/randy

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy