Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Compressor settings

  • Compressor settings

    Posted by Wade Gasque on September 19, 2013 at 8:26 pm

    I have a prores qt file of my short film that I need to convert for a film fest. These are the spec requirements that they emailed me:

    -digital container format MP4
    -video codec H.264 (also known as MPEG-4 part 10 or MPEG-4 AVC)
    -video resolution Full HD PAL 1920 x 1080 aspect ratio 16:9 (1080p) or 1280 x 720 aspect ratio 16:9 (720p) without black bars
    -progressive (non Interlaced)
    -frame-rate 25fps
    -audio stereo MP3/AAC 48kHz, 256kbps
    -video bit-rate not more than 10Mbps
    -the best option is to use 2pass encoding

    I’m using Compressor. Could you tell me the exact settings I should be using? I know my way around Compressor *fairly* well. Should I use the mpeg-4 setting or the h264 setting? He mentions PAL above? Does that just mean choose 25p? The more specific you can be, the better. My prores file is 422HQ 1920×1080. Was shot at 24p. It’s 18GB. The movie is 15 minutes. The guy I’m dealing with said the file I convert for them should end up being about 1.5-2GB in size.

    Thanks in advance. Really appreciate this!

    Wade Gasque replied 13 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy