Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Combining 24 and 30 fps

  • Combining 24 and 30 fps

    Posted by Bryan Seitz on May 11, 2011 at 8:59 am

    Forgive me if this is a simplistic question, as I’m just beginning with FCP. I’m editing a project in 1080 HD that’s about 90 % shot digitally at 30 fps, however there are a few select scenes that were shot on film at 24 fps. I want to combine these into one quicktime video (eventually). What’s the easiest way to go about doing this in terms of editing sequences? I’m working with FCP 6.

    Thanks so much!

    Bret Williams replied 15 years, 4 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Chris Tompkins

    May 11, 2011 at 10:44 am

    Drop the 24p clip into your 30p sequence and render.

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Bret Williams

    May 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm

    Did FCP start adding pulldown? This would bs great news! 🙂 While adding a 24p to a 30fps sequence might not be noticeable on some shots, the lack of pulldown results in every 4th frame simply being repeated. If it’s just a few shots, I’d edit, then run those original shots through AE or Compressor to add proper interlaced 2323 pulldown and reedit them in.

  • Chris Tompkins

    May 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm

    Well, he did say “What’s the easiest way to go”…

    Chris Tompkins
    Video Atlanta LLC

  • Bret Williams

    May 11, 2011 at 3:26 pm

    I stand corrected. Yup. Just drop it in his 1080i or p sequence. If he were to do it with proper pulldown, it would have to be a 1080i seqeunce of course.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy