Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Sony Cameras › Colour matching EX1, Z5 and 550d? And what about mixing codec?

  • Colour matching EX1, Z5 and 550d? And what about mixing codec?

    Posted by Olly Lawer on January 23, 2012 at 6:58 pm

    Hi,

    I’ve got a multi-camera shoot coming up. I want to make sure my EX1 is matched to a Z5 and 550d.

    Any tips on this? I was just going to go by the look on the LCD screen – but i’m sure there must be a more scientific way of doing it…?

    Also, what is mixing all the codec together like? Should I export all the Z5 and 550d footage to prores and drop in timeline with XDCAM?

    Kind regards,

    Olly Lawer

    Craig Seeman replied 14 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Craig Seeman

    January 23, 2012 at 7:09 pm

    [Olly Lawer] “I was just going to go by the look on the LCD screen”

    Can you accurately calibrate all the LCD screens to each other? I think that might be difficult.
    On location you could send them all to a calibrated monitor and tweak the settings in each.
    Alternately you could just do this in a studio if you know your lighting situation, as a compromise.

    I sometimes think the simplest fallback would be to shoot a good chip chart (not simply a white card) on location. Keep everything as flat as possible and match in post.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy