Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Maxon Cinema 4D › Cinema 4D – Dynamically working with files

  • Cinema 4D – Dynamically working with files

    Posted by Mark Hetherington on August 2, 2012 at 10:35 am

    Hiya,

    I’m a little bit of a newbie with Cinema 4D and need a little help with some 3D work I’m creating.

    I’m developing a interior model of a secondary school with modular classrooms and offices etc.

    I have the master environment, call it the hallway and I’ve been creating each classroom in separate files. Now I want to import the classroom into the hallway environment, which I have easily done. However, what I want is the ability to work on the classroom file (externally from the hallway) and have it automatically update in the hallway file.

    I’m using Cinema 4D V11 on a Mac.

    I come from a video production background and know that this is possible with software for such, but is it possible to do this with Cinema 4D?

    I could then get a whole team developing elements for the school and have them all update in the main environment.

    Sorry if I’ve waffled a bit, and any help would be great.

    Many thank
    Mark

    Darby Edelen replied 14 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy