Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › Cinema 4D 2025 PSD Object Buffers Import as Channels Instead of Layers in After

  • Cinema 4D 2025 PSD Object Buffers Import as Channels Instead of Layers in After

    Posted by Subhrajit Mitra on July 30, 2026 at 1:12 pm

    I’m having a workflow issue between Cinema 4D 2025, Adobe Photoshop 2026, and After Effects 2026, and I’m hoping someone can help.

    I rendered 400+ frames in Cinema 4D 2025 using the Physical Renderer with Multi-Pass enabled, including several Object Buffer passes. I exported the render as a PSD sequence.

    The issue is that all of the Object Buffer passes are saved as Photoshop Channels (Alpha Channels) instead of separate layers. When I import the PSD sequence into After Effects 2026, the PSD imports as a single layer, and none of the Object Buffer channels appear as individual layers or passes.

    My goal is to:

    • Import the PSD sequence into After Effects.

    • Access each Object Buffer separately.

    • Use the Object Buffers as masks/mattes for individual objects.

    • Apply different effects and color corrections to each object independently.

    Is there a way to make After Effects recognize the Photoshop channels as separate layers, or is there a better export workflow from Cinema 4D 2025? Should I render the Object Buffers as separate image sequences instead of embedding them in the PSD?

    Software Versions:

    • Cinema 4D 2025 (Physical Renderer)

    • Adobe Photoshop 2026

    • Adobe After Effects 2026

    Any guidance or recommended workflow would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    John Cuevas replied 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy