-
Casting Shape Layer Shadows onto an Element 3D Layer?
So here’s a quick picture of what I’m trying to accomplish:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/q1ncehd3r8ame1l/File%20Oct%2025%2C%2010%2035%2040%20PM.jpeg?dl=0I have a shape layer with an Element 3D scene built in it, and I also have a few cameras and lights positioned throughout. One thing I love about Element is the fact that you can basically stick a bunch of lights everywhere to create a really good looking video. However, even though the lights are able to shine onto and within the set, 3D shape layers aren’t able to cast shadows onto it.
Now, I understand that Element’s 3D software works from a 2D layer, but I’m just sorta confused how outside lights are able to work, but not outside shadows. I know that 3D shape layers don’t really mix in with Element’s environments (you either have to put it on top or below the layer), but wouldn’t a shadow be casted if you just slapped a 3D Shape layer on top of your Element layer? Or does Element ignore the 3D shape layers altogether and only render out the lighting, cause I’m starting to think that’s the case.
I’m sorta wondering if it’s even possible to incorporate shadows with Element. I know I could render the shape layer into Element itself, but I’m working with a set of animated objects, so doing that isn’t really an option.
I’m gonna try to get a screenshot up in the future using that prnstcr website thingy, but I’m not too sure if this is something wrong with my current configuration. I haven’t seen any other solutions to this issue, and to be honest, I haven’t really seen this subject be brought up that much.