Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Avid Media Composer Capture old 3/4" video with Artist DNxIO and AMC 20.9

• Capture old 3/4" video with Artist DNxIO and AMC 20.9

• Mario Ronda

February 24, 2021 at 3:50 pm

Hi all! Don’t know if this topic has been addressed in the past, so my apologies before hand if it has…

We have AMC setup with an Artist DNxIO to interface with VHS and 2/3″ tape machines from a very valuable but very old library at our studio. After upgrading recently to version 20.9, the Artist DNxIO setup messed up and now we are unable to detect input from it… I noticed video utility setup (version 12) references the newest versions of the DNX.. IQ, IP, ID… but not the IO… could this be related to backward incompatibility or simple a messed up configuration at the AMC 20 level? So much changed since my last interaction with the setup (from 8.5.2 to 20.9!!!) Thanks for your help/comments,

• Robert Ober

March 16, 2021 at 7:30 pm

Hey,

You fix this?

One thing I remind folks about is the fact that the newest Desktop Video is not necessarily the best. One must sometimes experiment with different versions. I’ve had some issues with 12 but have not tried to capture anything.

Good Luck,

Robert

• Mario Ronda

March 17, 2021 at 2:15 pm

Thanks for your reply… Actually, no.

We’re trying to “bring back to life” an old VelocityQ setup just to capture 3/4 and VHS material, then import it in digital form to AMC… The good ol’ VelocityQ’s motherboard died, so looking for old spares to repair righty now…

Any help/advice from the forum is greatly appreciated,

• Mario Ronda

March 17, 2021 at 2:25 pm

BTW, a correction… I meant to write 3/4″ tape machines… not 2/3… 😉

• Robert Ober

March 19, 2021 at 2:29 pm

I don’t understand your reply, but one thing I do if MC (not AMC which is a network) does not see a Blackmagic capture device is to try Blackmagic Media Express. I have had to capture with Media Express and then link or import in MC.

You did not say if you have tried other version of Desktop Video. Trying other versions is a normal thing for many of us that have been dealing with BMD devices for years.

Hope you get it working,

Robert

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy