Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Capture Canon XL-H1 footage with TC thru LHe?

  • Capture Canon XL-H1 footage with TC thru LHe?

    Posted by Jeremy Phillips on July 17, 2006 at 3:29 am

    I can capture the footage just fine into my FCP system when I capture it as HDV through the firewire cable, but I want to edit the footage in the DVCPROHD codec so I need to capture through the Kona LHe.

    I’m using the new Sony M25U HDV deck which allows me to maintain deck control while the video goes out analog to the LHe. However, when I try capturing this way, every minute or so FCP stops the capture because it thinks there’s a timecode break.

    I could tell FCP to ignore the timecode breaks but then the timecode drifts off.

    I’ve been on the phone with AJA tech support for several hours trying to figure this out. Anyone out there successfully capturing Canon XL-H1 footage through the Kona LHe into Final Cut Pro with timecode?

    Jerry Hofmann replied 20 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Jerry Hofmann

    July 17, 2006 at 12:52 pm

    Are the timecode breaks consistantly in the same place? If so might log shorter clips?

    Jerry

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy