Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Can’t seem to get machine control to work

• Can’t seem to get machine control to work

• Mark Maness

December 13, 2005 at 10:15 pm

For the life of me, I can’t seem to get my Kona2 to see my PDW-1500 XDCAM deck. I can hook it up in the other edit room on an IO box and it works just fine but not on my Kona2. Is there a setting somewhere that needs to be set for this to work? I can’t find anything in the control panel or anything in the manuals that talk about this.

In case you were wondering, I checked out the cable and machine in another room. Therefore, it must be the Kona2 card or K-Box connector. HELP!

Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

• Bob Zelin

December 14, 2005 at 12:00 am

Audio/Video settings, deck control tab- make sure Kona 2 is selected, and not something else. If Kona is selected, drag a deck (like a Beta) next to the Kona system, and plug it in. I don’t know if the ballistics are differnt for the XDCam.

bob Zelin

• Mark Maness

December 15, 2005 at 7:24 pm

Well, after emailing AJA tech support, I found my answer by accident. Its a software bug. If you boot your Mac “without” your tape machine powered up, the Kona2 serial port does NOT work. But if you power your tape first, then boot the system, the Kona2 serial port works fine.

So….. if you would try this and see if you get the same problem. You can use VTR Exchange to check this, so you don’t have to start FCP each time.

Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy