-
Canon HFR100 sequence easy setup questions
Hey guys I’m a student at a local film school, I have read the threads but couldn’t find my answer anywhere
first I’ll start with my specs:MBP 15″ brand new one month old 2ghz i7 4gb ram
Lacie rugged connected with firewire 800 both endsWhen I shoot video with my canon hfr100, I try to import it via log and transfer, all works fine. Then when i start a new sequence in fcp, I go to easy setup so I can get the vid. format I want to work with. I don’t want to format it for HD because it will be played on SD school tv’s. I have been using the DV-NTSC format and everything worked just fine. Now heres the main problem… when I’m editing and playing back the sequence I constantly get “dropped frames” come up… So I tried unchecking the box not to warn me anymore, but the video comes out choppy at best … no problem on the final output but when i do minor motion projects in the footage or rapid cuts the system just skips over and over and its barely workable…. any advice as to why this may be happening?