Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Canon DSLR Cameras › Canon 5D Mark III has started shooting .m2v instead of .mov; card reader doesn’t see the files

  • Canon 5D Mark III has started shooting .m2v instead of .mov; card reader doesn’t see the files

    Posted by Leonard Frankford on September 21, 2018 at 6:02 pm

    We haven’t shot with our Canon 5D Mark IIIs for a while but I took one out the other day and when I came back the files didn’t show up on the desktop when I put the card in the card reader. I played the files back in the camera so I knew they recorded. I had to capture the files straight from the camera. When I brought them into my computer I saw they were .m2v (mp4?) and not .mov. Someone must have taken the camera out and changed a setting but I can’t find anything in the menu that would even allow you to switch from .mov to .m2v. I can’t find anything on the web about this either. Does anyone know how to fix this? The camera is set for 1920/24 All-I. Thank you.

    Leonard F.

    Sebastian Leitner replied 7 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Sebastian Leitner

    February 3, 2019 at 12:38 pm

    definitely try a factory reset and re-install firmware. that should fix it!
    magic lantern or not, there is something broken.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy