Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy Boris Title3D quirky in FCP 5.04 or 5.1

• Boris Title3D quirky in FCP 5.04 or 5.1

• Francois Stark

April 17, 2006 at 4:29 pm

Hi

I have four suites running FCP 5.04 and they all have this problem – Boris Title3D does not launch when you want to create a new title, but all titles from older projects can be opened and edited perfectly. Anybody else with this issue? Any workarounds? At the moment I have to copy and paste any old title into the timeline, double click and launch Title3D that way.

Does it work in 5.1?

At least one serious Boris Title3D rolltitle error was fixed – it used to jump on the second field of the rolltitle in FCP 3 up to 4.5, but it renders perfectly in FCP 5.04.

Thanks
    Francois

• RSieben

April 17, 2006 at 5:51 pm

I haven’t had that issue with my system. Have you tried trashing the preferences or reinstalling Title 3D?

G5 Dual 2gig, 4gig RAM, FCP 5.04

Ric

• Winston Cely

April 17, 2006 at 7:57 pm

I’ve had similar issues with both our systems. I’ve reinstalled twice on each system, and it’s still a little buggy. Although, we’ve not had trouble with it not opening, we’ve had trouble with, once it’s opened, you can’t edit or close it. You have to keep hitting the Window close button until it says close without saving changes. Then restart FCP, and it’ll work ok. I know a lot of people don’t like to work with Title 3D, but I love it, and I’ve gotten to the point where it’s an essential tool for me and I can work very fast with it. I hope the next version of FCP will have addressed it’s quirkiness.

Winston A. Cely
    Editor
    Envision Response
    Seattle, WA

• Annaël Beauchemin

April 18, 2006 at 1:26 pm

very often Title 3D’s quirkiness has to do with fonts installed (or missing) in the system. It requires the standard microsoft fonts (Arial and the others) and some third party fonts may crash it.

• Winston Cely

April 18, 2006 at 4:05 pm

I believe it. At some point soon, I’m going to go through my fonts and get rid of the ones that I never use…. which unfortunately, are quite a few of them.

Winston A. Cely
    Editor
    Envision Response
    Seattle, WA

Viewing 1 - 5 of 5 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy