Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Blocky artifacts when doing effects in DVCPRO HD 720p25

  • Blocky artifacts when doing effects in DVCPRO HD 720p25

    Posted by Paulo Jan on May 1, 2007 at 1:13 pm

    Hi all:

    I’m working with some DVCPRO HD 720p50 footage (25fps actually, shot with the HVX200’s 25pn setting), which I’m viewing in FCP using Imagine’s 720p50 passthrough codec (the one available here); we’re still using FCP 5.0.4, so we don’t have native support for 720p25/50. My problem is that, whenever I try to apply any effect (even a simple dissolve) to the footage, the effect is rendered with a lot of grey blocky artifacts (those who have worked with Imagine’s codec will know what I’m talking about; it’s the same kind of artifacts that appear if you don’t remove the DVCProHDVideoOutputCodec.component after installing it (see here for more details)).

    Some more information: the sequence is in HD (960×720), with 25fps and with DVCPRO HD 720p60 as the codec (apparently, Imagine’s passthrough codec uses the DVCPROHD 720p60 codec for decompression). I have tried setting the sequence’s codec to 720p50, but then every clip I put in the timeline requires rendering, and the problem with the effects remains (with 720p60, I can put all the clips in the sequence and play them without render). As I said, we’re using FCP 5.0.4 with Quicktime 7.1.5. Does anyone have any insight about why this is happening?

    Paulo Jan replied 19 years, 5 months ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy