Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Avid Media Composer › AVID MC 8.1 won’t start with AVX2 Plug-Ins

  • AVID MC 8.1 won’t start with AVX2 Plug-Ins

    Posted by Martin Becker on November 11, 2015 at 8:46 pm

    Hello forum,

    I have an MC 8.1 running on Late 2009 iMac and El Capitan… Yes, I know:). But everything works like a charm as long as I don’t use any AVX2 Plug-Ins. When I install one AVID just won’t start up at all. Not even the first splash screen appears. And the app is “not reacting”. I tried different AVX2 Plug-Ins and it is always the same thing. I deleted the MCstates and uninstalled, reinstalled everything in every possible way with no effect. I changed the rights of the AVX2 Folger also without effect. But I take the .avx file out of the folder and put in on my desktop AVID starts up.

    I am really thankful for every idea!

    Merci

    Martin Becker replied 10 years, 10 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Shane Ross

    November 11, 2015 at 10:23 pm

    AVX2 might be incompatible with El Cap. You yourself indicated that you knew you were doing something not recommended. It’s not recommended for a reason.

    Shane
    Little Frog Post
    Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

  • Martin Becker

    November 11, 2015 at 10:46 pm

    Thank you. And yes, absolutely. But the funny thing is that AVX2 trials and demos I tried stated to be El Capitan compatible. Also when you google it you don’t really find the same issues in connection with El Capitan.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy