Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe Premiere Pro › AVCHD footage on Premiere 5.5 Macbook Pro goes unsmooth after a while of editing

  • AVCHD footage on Premiere 5.5 Macbook Pro goes unsmooth after a while of editing

    Posted by Andres Haldemyr on February 6, 2012 at 4:51 pm

    Premiere 5.5 imports perfectly my GH2 24fps Cinema-Modus-footage (AVCHD) and edits very well. But after a while editing it goes slower and slower, “jump to next edit point” is not immediate anymore and then when I watch the footage on the timeline its not smooth anymore, it ends up showing only photogramms. I am using an early 2011 Macbook Pro, 2.3 GHZ i5, 8GB RAM, Footage on external harddisc 1TB Lacie with Fire Wire. Any suggestions? Cheers

    Gabriel Sanchez replied 14 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Gabriel Sanchez

    February 6, 2012 at 7:25 pm

    Try deleting media cache in the preference settings and playback in 1/2 resolution.

    Regards

  • Andres Haldemyr

    February 6, 2012 at 8:25 pm

    Hi Gabriel gracias for the advice, I cleaned the media cache database and the playback resolution was already set to 1/2 resolution, but unfortunately its still the same. “Jump to next edit point” takes about 1 second…

  • Andres Haldemyr

    February 6, 2012 at 9:36 pm

    I found the solution on another thread:

    Premiere 5.5: The stutter effect with my computer is on both, 1/2 resolution and full resolution.

    Premiere 5.0: The stutter effect is there on 1/2 resolution. But if I put it to full resolution it runs perfectly smooth. The CPU doesn’t have to work for the compression to put it to 1/2 resolution, thats why…

    Why does it stutter then with full resolution on 5.5? No idea.
    So I am back to 5.0!
    Cheers

  • Gabriel Sanchez

    February 6, 2012 at 11:24 pm

    It´s good to know it, i´m glad you solved it. Thanks for the advice.

    Regards

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy