Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Apple Final Cut Pro X audio synchronization problem

• audio synchronization problem

Eric Santiago updated 1 month ago 4 Members · 7 Posts
  • Francesco Muto

September 19, 2021 at 7:38 am

Hello,

I was wondering if somebody could help me with an audio synchronization issue. I recorded an interview on a Canon EOS 70 D in 1080 P. The frame rate was set to 25 frames per second (I’m in Europe). I recorded the audio on a Panasonic AVCAM. The camera with the audio was set to 1080 but 24 frames per second (my mistake). Therefore, I’m having trouble synching the audio in FCP X. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I might be able to fix this issue? Thanks in advance for your advice.

PS: If it is impossible to synchronize the clips, I might consider trying to sweeten the sound from from the onboard mic. It is really bad though, as it was outdoors and there was a lot of wind (perhaps a Crumplepop plug-in might help?).

• John Fishback

September 19, 2021 at 4:16 pm

It’s been a long time since I had a similar issue. I think I used Sound Devices “Wave Agent” to change the out-of-sync audio file’s metadata. Basically, open the audio file in Wave Agent, enter the sample rate and desired fps and the Wave Agent will adjust the file’s metadata. Hopefully, the file is now in sync. Be sure to back up the original file. I don’t remember if Wave Agent creates a new file or modifies the original file. https://www.sounddevices.com/product/wave-agent-software/

I hope this helps.

• Pablo Rivasplata

September 19, 2021 at 4:24 pm

Hi Francesco,

You can change the frame rate of your audio files in Apple Compressor.

Hope this helps,

Pablo

• Francesco Muto

September 19, 2021 at 4:29 pm

Thank you!

• Francesco Muto

September 19, 2021 at 4:30 pm

Thanks for the reply! I’ll try it.

• Francesco Muto

September 20, 2021 at 9:16 am

Success! Thank you again

• Eric Santiago

September 20, 2021 at 1:26 pm

We conform issues like that with AME as well as Compressor.

Heck even an NLE can do it for you.

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy