Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Audio out thru KONA is insanely loud! System sound setting don’t work.

  • Jnorman16

    October 15, 2006 at 4:38 am

    I agree with everybody that having a mixer off to the side is great. But even with a mixer in my setup, I was finding the sound levels coming out of my KONA LH into my DIGI-002 (acting as a standalone mixer) were way too hot.

    But I discovered something in OSX I hadn’t seen before. Either it appeared in a recent update, or I just never noticed it. But the ‘Audio MIDI Setup’ program now has an ‘Audio Devices’ tab where you can adjust the properties on the internal audio devices. ‘Built-in Audio’ was one device, but my Kona card was also also there. So I could reduce the output levels for audio from the card here, and now the levels are matched with the levels I get into the mixer from ‘Builit-in Audio’. Much nice and less likely to scare the crap out of me with very loud output.

    Jim

Page 3 of 3

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy