Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › VEGAS Pro › Audio Glitch in Vegas 6, Please help

  • Audio Glitch in Vegas 6, Please help

    Posted by Gifford on December 26, 2005 at 8:39 am

    I’m editing a DV feature on Vegas 6. I started on Vegas 5 but upgraded to 6. Everything has been working fine in 6. Today I decided to delete ver. 5 from my computer. Now when I play my project in ver. 6 I get frequent intermmitant audio blips buzzes and bleeps. I reloaded 6 in case removing 5 deleted something that was shared with 6 but the glitchs still remain. I’ve never applied any audio filters to any of the tracks.

    Please help! I’ve put a lot of time into this project. Any ideas?

    Thanks all,

    -=George R. Gifford=-

    Edward Troxel replied 20 years, 9 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Edward Troxel

    December 26, 2005 at 2:01 pm

    Is uninstalling Vegas 5 the ONLY thing that changed?

    I’ve heard of some problems in Vegas 6 after uninstalling Vegas 5 but it was mainly effects that were missing and reinstalling Vegas 6 solved that. Did you totally uninstall Vegas 6 before reinstalling it? If not, you might try that. Worst case, reinstall Vegas 5 and then Vegas 6.

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

  • Gifford

    December 26, 2005 at 5:30 pm

    The odd thing is that the beeps and blips happen at any point on the timeline. Not just where there is audio but in the blank spaces as well.

    -=George R. Gifford=-

  • Edward Troxel

    December 26, 2005 at 9:12 pm

    Are they consistent beeps? If yes, two things have been known to cause this:

    1) The metronome has been turned on.

    2) Audio Effects have been reverted to “Demo” mode

    Edward Troxel
    JETDV Scripts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy