Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › AJA Video Systems › Audio capture problem with Kona 2 on PMG5

  • Audio capture problem with Kona 2 on PMG5

    Posted by Vancooler on September 23, 2006 at 5:03 am

    I’ve got a new install of a Kona 2 with the new 3.1 drivers in a PMG5 running FCP 5.1.1 on OSX 10.4.7 and am unable to capture audio ONLY when capturing HD-SDI from a Sony HDW-2000.

    However, when using the standard def SDI inputs of the Kona I can successfully capture either embedded or AES audio. I can even capture audio when downconverting the HD-SDI through the Kona, I just can’t capture audio when capturing HD at full resolution.

    This feels like a settings problem, but I’ve verified all of the input settings in the Kona Control Panel and with the proper FCP Easy Setup.

    The odd thing is that in addition to FCP not recognizing any audio, the Kona even causes the audio level meters on the deck to disappear – i.e. attempting to capture HD-SDI with either embedded or AES audio causes the deck to no longer output audio.

    Any thoughts or suggestions?

    Vancooler replied 20 years ago 1 Member · 0 Replies
  • 0 Replies

Sorry, there were no replies found.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy