Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums AJA Video Systems Anyone using AJA HD10A

• Anyone using AJA HD10A

• Mark Maness

March 9, 2006 at 5:24 pm

I’m just curious about this little device…. I’m looking at these types of converters for my HDV deck. Yes, I know exactly what everybody has to say about HDV, but I think it does the job for our business. I’d just like to be able to digitize everything using the DVCPRO HD codec for speed purposes.

Wayne Carey
    Schazam Productions

• Bob Zelin

March 9, 2006 at 7:40 pm

YES – this is the amazing box that ABSOLUTELY converts analog HD signals from the Sony HVRM10U HDV VTR to an HD-SDI signal for AJA, Blackmagic and AVID products. I also use the AJA HD10A extensively at video game maker ELECTRONIC ARTS to convert the HD analog games to HD-SDI to get them into AVID Nitris systems. To me, there is no other converter on the market that performs like this, for this specific function. You will also find the AJA
    HD10A featured in the new Panasonic HDX-200 camera brochure, as a way to get it’s Y Pb Pr HD analog outputs to HD-SDI.

Bob Zelin

• George Bellias

March 10, 2006 at 4:56 am

Is there any picture quality difference between this product and the Miranda/Convergent-Design products which creates the HD-SDI signal from the HDV firewire connection?

George Bellias
    Jade Productions

• Bob Zelin

March 10, 2006 at 4:30 pm

I never did a comparison. Obviously, Panasonic has no direct ties with AJA, and they are promoting the HD10A in their new HDX-200 flyer. I assume this must mean that this is the way Panasonic likes it done. I am sure that the Miranda and Convergent Design are fine products – but why bother, when you know that the AJA works great.

Bob Zelin

• markfuta

March 11, 2006 at 5:31 pm

Out of curiosity, what is the street price on the HD10A?

Would you still use HDV Firewire for deck control in the process in FCP?

mark futa

• Bob Zelin

March 11, 2006 at 7:05 pm
  • Wayne Carey

March 13, 2006 at 2:27 pm

Its about $1300 at promax.com. Best price I’ve seen yet.

Wayne Carey
    wcarey@strikeking.com

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy