Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy › Anyone use an Eyeheight LE-2 legalizer? What settings work well for RGB?

  • Anyone use an Eyeheight LE-2 legalizer? What settings work well for RGB?

    Posted by Tina Brunn on November 2, 2012 at 3:59 pm

    We are testing an LE-2 and only have it for a short time. So far I can’t seem to find any settings that do not result in a bunch of RGB gamut errors on our Tektronix WVR 5200. We’re running an HD-SDI signal out of an AJA KONA LHe. We have the LE-2 set for RGB legalizing with the highs set to 90% and lows to 5% and are still getting the errors. We need to legalize to PBS/APT specs. Anyone’s input with any experience with this machine would be greatly appreciated!

    Rafael Amador replied 13 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Tina Brunn

    November 2, 2012 at 5:21 pm

    Quick follow-up…we got it so the gamut errors aren’t popping up anymore by fixing some settings on the WVR 5200, but our individual RGB levels still look too much out of range. The diamond display looks good at 0-700mV and there are no errors so is the fact that the legalizer can’t seem to handle the individual RGB levels even a problem? We checked some old master tapes that had gotten by APT’s QC and they, too, had individual RGB levels that were way out, but no gamut errors overall.

  • Rafael Amador

    November 3, 2012 at 1:02 am

    Hi Tina,
    I’m not in the Broadcast world since many years, but I understand that if you are cutting RGB at 5% and 90%, you can’t get any pure Black (R=G=B==0) neither pure White (R=G=B=100). On my knowledge, R,G and be must be cut at 0% and 100%.
    Any way, I don’t want to mislead you and I suggest you to post in the COW’s “Broadcast Forum”.
    Rafael

    http://www.nagavideo.com

  • Tina Brunn

    November 3, 2012 at 1:11 am

    Hi Rafael,
    Thanks for your response. Yes, the issue you mention is definitely one of the problems we’re having. We been tweaking the settings since I posted and we still can’t get pure black. Another is that the unit measures the RGB clipping in percent instead of mV so it’s hard to know what the unit is even clipping to. I actually wanted to post this in the Broadcast forum but couldn’t find it…I’ll have to look again.

  • Rafael Amador

    November 3, 2012 at 10:32 am

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy