Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Avid Media Composer AMC 4: captured 1:1 but want to edit at DV 25p 420

• AMC 4: captured 1:1 but want to edit at DV 25p 420

• :Lean Hatlapa Create COW Profile Image

:Lean Hatlapa

July 2, 2010 at 12:24 am

Hi to everyone.

I am using Avid Media Composer 4.0.5 and I have footage that I shot on a Sony DSR 500 and captured 1:1. I wasnt able to continue editing on that machine, so I exported the media files and aaf files, which I imported into my Avid at home.

Now my machine at home doesnt quite cope with that, playback isnt great, and I want to edit at a lower resolution, but how do I go about it?
    Recapturing from tapes at lower resolution seems like an idea, but I havent got access to a tape deck where I could do that.
    When I import the aaf file, I choose a lower resolution, but I think because the media files are already at 1:1 thats what it goes with.

I am going to try to remove the media files I have and import the aaf files again, and see if that solves it, otherwise I’d appreciate any help, advise, hints, etc.

Lean

• Job ter Burg

July 2, 2010 at 10:24 am

The simplest way to go about this is select all your master clips and choose Clip->Transcode, then transcode your 1:1 mediafiles to a resolution of your choice.

• :Lean Hatlapa Create COW Profile Image

:Lean Hatlapa

July 2, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Alright, I’m gonna try that.
    The way I solved it, but this is a workaround, is by exporting a QuickTime reference file, and then importing this file, as 420 resolution. It then creates those mediafiles, and I delete the old ones at 1:1.
    Thanks for your help!

Lean

Viewing 1 - 3 of 3 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy