-
AfterEffects Help, Masking, 3D, lots of arrows, animation
Hi,
I am very new to after effects and I have just started a new project for my uni course to create an animation.
Basically, I wish to have arrows intertwine and grow from a point, I know the growing can be done by using the write on effects. But i wish each ‘brach’ (as there will be multiple branches of arrows) to go around, wrap around etc.
I have done all the branches in illustrator, they have their own colour, and ive completed the whole sequence as a long illustration, and i guess th best thing to do would be to take out each branch individually and animate each.
But one thing I am concerned with is the rendering times etc, i think this is the main factor to which will affect the outcome due to time restrictions on the project, and I wish to complete it to the best possible detail (as this is my final year!).
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direct with regards to efficent animation building, I dont know say with pre-composing (which i ‘think’ saves time, been reading about it slightly).
and does anyone have an tips on how I could do this animation effectivly.
Any help will be GREATLY appriciated as my S&*T university refuses to pile the resources into after effects workshops, when im doing a moving-image module,and they call it a graphic design course!!
thanks 🙂
Marcus Chaloner
https://www.portfolio.studiofei.com