-
After Effects CC (2014) – manually set Fast Draft resolution ?
I’m trying to use Fast Draft in AE CC 2014 to speed up interacting with compositions, and it certainly feels more responsive when scrubbing or dragging layers around than when I’m just in “Final Quality” – but it also instantly causes the layers to become very low-res. (probably 1/4 or 1/8th of their full res)
(I’m not talking about “Adaptive Resolution” which I know can be set in preferences, and has no effect on this behavior. I’m talking about Fast Draft specifically.)Is there any setting anywhere to control Fast Draft’s default resolution, so I can force it to stay at full res, or say, no less than half res? I’m sure even staying at full res, it would still be a big performance boost over the other modes, since, if I understand correctly, Fast Draft uses the GPU to draw the layers, the way the “OpenGL” mode used to in older AE versions. So if that’s correct, even if it wasn’t downrezing on the fly, it would be a lot smoother than the CPU doing the work. I also have plenty of video memory (Titan X pascal with 12GB) and these layers aren’t huge (720p and 1080p) so if I could force it to keep them full res they would still fit in video memory easily.
Is there a setting for this somewhere I’m not seeing?
If not, is there a value that can be manually edited somewhere behind the scenes? Understanding that might not be officially supported?
This is on Windows 7×64.Thanks!