Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Adobe After Effects › after effect (CC 2018) won’t launch on win 7 without any error message or logo …

  • after effect (CC 2018) won’t launch on win 7 without any error message or logo …

    Posted by Louis Dantcikian on September 20, 2018 at 11:16 am

    hi community,

    like the title say after effect won’t launch, just won’t ….

    I double click on the AE shortcut, the cursor seem busy for a while then …nothing … nothing launch… no error message… not even the logo … I launch photoshop, illustrator, premiere pro, lightroom etc … other software work fine, only after effect troll me …

    I tried restart windows 7, desinstall/reinstall after, launching directly from the program files in adiministrator, praying god, exorcism… nothing work… I search for a moment on google, creative cow and other forum to find a solution but no answer …

    my windows and after effect is up to date, drivers freshly install, no plugin or script are install

    config :
    intel xeon E5-2683 v4 2.10 GHz
    nivdia quadro M6000
    64GB ram
    windows 7 pro 64bits

    anybody here have a solution ?

    Louis Dantcikian replied 8 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Walter Soyka

    September 21, 2018 at 12:27 am

    Try resetting your preferences. Hold Ctrl+Alt+Shift while starting After Effects. Uninstalling/reinstalling does not remove them!

    Walter Soyka
    Designer & Mad Scientist at Keen Live [link]
    Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
    @keenlive   |   RenderBreak [blog]   |   Profile [LinkedIn]

  • Louis Dantcikian

    September 21, 2018 at 7:50 am

    hi, thank for your answer,

    I try but nothing appear, no message, or possibility to reset the preference …

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy