Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums Adobe Premiere Pro Adobe Premeire Pro 2 unstable and lagging cant playback or capture

• Adobe Premeire Pro 2 unstable and lagging cant playback or capture

Anonymous updated 14 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 4 Posts
  • Anonymous

October 17, 2006 at 11:17 pm

Hello,

I been working fine on my AMD dual core PC. Then the other day I had a drive problem saying the “Write delayed error” data could of been lost on the raid I was using. I then noticed that my Premiere Pro capture window when capturing DV was very shoppy preview playing on the capture window. I disconnected the raid and tested to use the boot drive and backup IDE drive.

Now I get choppy video while the dv is playing via firwire in Adobe Premeire Pro 2.0, also if I drop any video onto the timeline and press play nothing happens the clip does not play, I keep pressing play then finally it lags on playback and strugglinga nd the audio levels are jumping erratic and the timecode seems to be on a loop. And the time line indicator is playing on a loop of like 2 frames and playing over and oevr again.

I re-isnatll the whole system, xp pro with sp2, installed all my drivers, installed Adobe production Studio, all my applications are wokring fine, just seems that the Premiere Pro 2.0 can’t playback anything without lagging big time and stuttering and not playing back even 1 sec the time cursoe just stays there and becomes un resposive. I got no error logs in my event log at all on XP pro with sp2.

Does anyone know what this might be? And any work arounds, weird as my machne was fine till this write delayed error on my sata raids I was using.

Thanks,

Leo

• Harm Millaard

October 18, 2006 at 12:32 pm

Write delay error usually indicates a hardware error, failing PS, HD, cable, etc.

Harm Millaard

• Harm Millaard

October 18, 2006 at 12:32 pm

Write delay error usually indicates a hardware error, failing PS, HD, cable, etc.

Harm Millaard

• Anonymous

October 18, 2006 at 3:29 pm

Hello,

I found a bad sata connector where it has been damaged. Also I had to re-install Adobe Production Studio now it seems to be working fine now thanks.

Thank you,

Leo

Viewing 1 - 4 of 4 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy