Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Blackmagic Design › Able to stream in 1080i but not 720p with ATEM Television Studio??

  • Able to stream in 1080i but not 720p with ATEM Television Studio??

    Posted by Erik Schmitt on May 26, 2012 at 4:19 pm

    Works fine in 1080i but everytime I try to use 720p with the television studio all I get is a black screen, is there something I’m doing wrong?

    Here’s my info:

    I use a Mac Mini with the ATEM Television studio and Intensity Extreme. For camera I use a Panasonic GH2 (a DSLR camera) with the HDMI to SDI Mini Converter. When I want to use 720p I change the camera setting to 720p and change the settings in the ATEM Software control panel to 720p. When I do this I get a black screen but when I change both of the setting back to 1080i I get a picture again.

    Is there some step I’m missing or something I’m doing wrong? Would really appreciate anyone’s help one this!

    Tom Reid replied 14 years, 1 month ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Tom Reid

    August 21, 2012 at 6:29 pm

    I had the same problem. I believe that BM only supports 720 at 59.94. It’ll work fine when set to that. I tried 30P and just got black. Actually set the cameras to 30P and the show to 59.94 and it just duplicates a frame. Kinda crazy but that’s why you see black.

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy