Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Forums DaVinci Resolve 5.1 mix question

• 5.1 mix question

• Simon Gilmore

January 22, 2023 at 9:13 pm

I am new at creating audio mixing for films, and was wondering if it is possible to do a 5.1 audio mix without buying a 5.1 or higher sound system? What are the logistics on even doing this is possible? Again I’m new to this so be kindI am new at creating audio mixing for films, and was wondering if it is possible to do a 5.1 audio mix without buying a 5.1 or higher sound system? What are the logistics on even doing this is possible? Again I’m new to this so be kind

• Michael Gissing

January 22, 2023 at 11:07 pm

If you don’t have a 5.1 monitoring system and a way to get the 6 discreet channels out of Resolve, then you can’t really know what your 5.1 mix is sounding like. I use the Fairlight interface feeding a Yamaha hifi amp with discreet analog inputs to a 5.1 speaker system. Not super expensive but sufficient to be able to mix reliably for cinema and home cinema 5.1.

I have mixed a 22.2 stream before and had it monitoring via a 5.1 speaker array so it is possible to map to less speakers but if you want to hear properly you will need a 5.1 montioring solution

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 posts

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy