Creative Communities of the World Forums

The peer to peer support community for media production professionals.

Activity › Forums › Creative Community Conversations › 29,97 fps into 23,97 fps timeline

  • 29,97 fps into 23,97 fps timeline

    Posted by Philippe Roy on July 19, 2011 at 5:51 pm

    Hi everyone!
    I’m a dp. I just bought FCPX because I want to edit my stuff. So I ‘ m not an editor, never been…
    So here is my funny question: How can I import shots from my 5D shot at 29,97 into a project/timeline of 23,97 and KEEP thoses 30frames in order to get a real slight slow motion. What I see right now seems like there is an automatic pull down to 23,98 from my 29,97 footage. If I perform a slow mo with the FCPX tool I feel like it’s 23,98 stretch up to 29,97.
    Does anyone can help with this?

    Philippe Roy replied 15 years, 2 months ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Noah Kadner

    July 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm

    yeah it will automatically conform so you want to use the speed tool to reverse that effect.

    Noah

    Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio with Call Box Training. Featuring the Panasonic GH2 and GoPro HD Hero.

  • Philippe Roy

    July 19, 2011 at 6:42 pm

    Thanks for your answer.
    But I guess I will never get those frames back. Those lost in the conform.
    How can I keep those 29,97 frames in the 23,98 timeline? Do you or anybody know?
    Thanks
    Phil

  • Craig Seeman

    July 19, 2011 at 6:45 pm

    Speed Tool – Conform Frames. You’ll keep the frames that way.

  • Philippe Roy

    July 19, 2011 at 6:56 pm

    Thanks!

We use anonymous cookies to give you the best experience we can.
Our Privacy policy | GDPR Policy